In this section, the water level goes up and down with the tide, creating an estuarine environment, and we’ve come up with concepts that enhance the theme of a ‘tidal estuary’.
This area also has high foot traffic, especially during events at the stadium. Enhancements could improve road safety and enhance connectivity.
• Embankment on both sides with estuarine plantings and ‘destination space’
• Underpass on both banks at Anzac Ave bridge
• Connect with existing pathways
• Creative spaces such as artwork space on existing centre wall
• Increased visual appeal by planting native plants along stadium river edge
• Improve the SH 88 underpass access to stadium.
Cross-section adjacent to stadium carpark:
Photorealistic image taken from right bank looking downstream:
Share your feedback at 'My Feedback' tab on project home page.