2. ANZAC AVENUE - STATE HIGHWAY 88
In this section, the water level goes up and down with the tide, creating an estuarine environment, and we’ve come up with concepts that enhance the theme of a ‘tidal estuary’.
This area also has high foot traffic, especially during events at the stadium. Enhancements could improve road safety and enhance connectivity.
• Embankment on both sides with estuarine plantings and ‘destination space’
• Underpass on both banks at Anzac Ave bridge
• Connect with existing pathways
• Creative spaces such as artwork space on existing centre wall
• Increased visual appeal by planting native plants along stadium river edge
• Improve the SH 88 underpass access to stadium.
Cross-section adjacent to stadium carpark:
Photorealistic image taken from right bank looking downstream:
Share your feedback at 'My Feedback' tab on project home page.
Consultation has concluded